Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to find cooking creations for your family meals, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Veggie Black Bean Soup. I am try to show Veggie Black Bean Soup preparation which is a creative activity from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following veggie black bean soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various stores. How to procedure this Veggie Black Bean Soup has been prepared here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Veggie Black Bean Soup 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup
By: rikminptc via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup:
- 1 lb. dried black beans
- 3 tbs. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbs. tomato paste
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- Dash paprika
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Dash salt and pepper
Method for "Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup":
- Soak the black beans and prep according to the package direction. [For a quick soak, use the boiling water method.]
- In a large pot over medium heat, begin heating the oil and sautÃ© the onions and bell pepper until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat them for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste and mix all the ingredients well.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and then add the drained beans, ham hock and the bay leaf.
- Bring to a slight boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the cumin, coriander, thyme, and paprika. Partially cover the pot and cook for about 2 hours until the beans are tender.
- Remove the ham bone and shred off any meat. Set aside. Allow the soup to cool for a few minutes.
- Depending on desired consistency (smooth or chunky), you can puree the soup by using a handheld immersion blender or in batches with a blender.
- Add the cooked ham and shredded meat to the soup in the pot. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and add the sherry. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat uncovered to heat through.
- Serve with toppings of choice such as sour cream or yogurt, green onions, chopped hard-boiled egg, etc. Serve with some crusty bread.