Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew With Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to find cooking creations for your family meals, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Stew Recipe. We try to show Stew Recipe preparation which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following stew recipe. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various supermarket. How to procedure this Stew Recipe has been prepared here completely and is very simple to learn.
How to cook Stew Recipe 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes
By: Shinae via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes:
- 3 pounds chicken pieces (I like bone-in, skin on)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.5 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2" wide slices
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 fresh tomatoes, cut into sixths
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano (or 2 to 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh)
- 2 cups unsalted liquid (any combo of water, dry white wine, or chicken or veg stock)
- 12 olives
- 2 Tablespoons olive brine
- zest of half a lemon (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5-inch cubes
- chopped fresh parsley for finishing
Method for "Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes":
- Season chicken pieces with the salt and pepper and then dust on both sides with the flour.
- Preheat pot to medium high, add oil, then brown chicken, 4 to 5 minutes a side, or until each side is golden brown. Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes until onion turns translucent. Then add tomatoes, bay, oregano, and lemon zest, give it a stir, and let the herbs bloom for a minute or so.
- Add the chicken back along with olives, olive brine, liquid (stock or water). Give it a gentle stir and adjust salt seasoning if needed. Turn heat down to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and try to submerge them as under the liquid as much as you can. You might like to add another 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt to lend a little extra seasoning for the potatoes. Simmer, with lid askew for another 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (and maybe add a couple of lemon wedges for squeezing onto the chicken right before eating). Enjoy with your choice of pasta, rice, or crusty bread. :)