Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Goulash/what Ever You Need2 Use Up/stew
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family meals, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Stew Recipe. We try to display Stew Recipe culinary art which is a creation from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following stew recipe. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various supermarket. How to procedure this Stew Recipe has been provided here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Stew Recipe 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Goulash/what ever you need2 use up/stew
By: INSANExBUTCHER via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Goulash/what ever you need2 use up/stew:
- 2 green pepper
- 2 small onion any kind
- 3 spring or green onion
- 3 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 carrot
- 3-4 med sized potatoes any kind
- 2 cups cabbage any kind
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 15 oz whole stewed tomatoes
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz can stewed whole tomatoes or diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Mild or hot paprika
- 1 tbsp. Sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp.parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp.basil
- 1/2 tsp.oregano
- 1/2 tsp.rosemary
- 1 tsp.salt
- 1 tsp.pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. Ground meat. I use beef
- 3 tbsp. Peanut oil
- Needed a little garlic salt at the end
Method for "Goulash/what ever you need2 use up/stew":
- Here's basically what you'll need minus the noodles and a few missing components but I added them to the ingredients listed above. Wasn't really sure what I was going to make exactly at the time but this came out wonderful. Full clean flavor
- Rough chop all vegetables except your garlic and potatoes.
- Heat Dutch oven or a pan you have a lid for to med/high heat add oil swirl around pan and allow 1-2 mins. To come up to temp. It will start to shimmer but should not be smoking if so reduce heat and give it a minute or two to drop a little we do not want charred vegetables for this particular recipe. I cook on a glass top now unfortunately sure do miss the flame. All appliances do vary.
- Add your vegetables and saute for about 5-7 mins untill soft and translucent.
- While sauteing smash and mince your garlic I've found that if you process your garlic right before your going to use it the flavor will be much more robust.
- Now add your ground beef/pork/chicken/turkey and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well breaking your grinds up with your spoon untill no longer pink or untill off white and gray if using P.C.T about 5-7 mins
- Now here's were cooking process can become debatable we want to really brown up our meat. I don't mean like a roast or steak but when using ground meat with vegetables a lot of water/moisture cooks out so we want to cook all of that off.
- It takes about 10 mins to achieve this so in all actuality were going to cook our grounds and vegetables for about 17-20 mins. Now what's left is a very potent infused oil with all our ingredients. Now the very health conscious chef could discard this but I recommend you leave it in for a flavor booster at this point.
- Now add your garlic and stir well for 30-60 sec. Any longer the garlic can become bitter. Just untill your wife says what are you making in there smells wonderful!!!
- Now we want to add our tomato paste.
- Stir and mix well untill you reach a nice rust color about 2 mins
- Add beef stock and stir and incorporate the entire broth making sure all the paste has desolved into the gravy.
- Add your diced tomatoes or break up your whole stewed with your fingers. I like these better cause for one were cooking for a longer time and they won't disintegrate into the sauce and secondly it keeps up well with the rough chopped vegetables.
- Now add your mild or hot paprika. Keep your sweet on the back burner for now. Stir and incorporate.
- Toss in your bay leaves and incorporate.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Should look something like this.
- Cover and crack lid. We're looking for a slow simmer just a little pop every once in a while.
- Set timer for 1 hour and do not stir.
- Okay looks good so far except for the oil on top of our gravy.
- Spoon out and discard. If you kept the can from the tomatoes put it in there.
- Okay oil taken care of pretty much what we left in earlier but it did it's job for the first hour of the cooking process. Now we're going to add our dry herbs. The grinder is basil oregano and rosemary or use the measurements above individually. Stir and incorporate.
- Cover lid cracked again.
- Another hour on the timer.
- In the mean time during your second hour of cooking peel and place your potatoes in a dish filled with water to keep them from discoloring. Cut up your cabbage into 1/4 in strains.
- Okay we beeped let's see how were looking. Looks good now let's have a taste.
- Very very good now it's time to add our sweet paprika. Stir and incorporate.
- Quarter your potatoes and add to pot. Stir stir stir
- Add cabbage stir.
- Stir untill well incorporated.
- Now this last half hour keep the lid off and increase heat to med to cook your potatoes. Now you could crack the lid and keep your low temp in witch I did but the potatoes will take an hour at that temp. So to speed it up med heat 30 min lid off. Oops almost forgot add your dried parsley flakes also.
- After 30 mins or like I did an hour check you potatoes with a tooth pick push into the center of the potato and it should slide right off when done if not cook a little longer untill they do.
- Mine needed a little more time so I tasted it and it was very good but the potatoes as they always will absorbed some of the saltyness so I added couple of shakes of garlic salt.
- And there you have it. Seems like a lot but it really isn't. Just like making any soup chili or stew just wanted to give the best walk through I could at least I thought so. 30 min active 2 to 2 1/2 hours inactive.
- Thanks to all that invest there time in the read and or the recipe lol. Treat others the way you would like to be treated including animals!! May God bless us all.....