Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Chicken Tagine With Honeynut Squash
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Squash Recipes. We try to show Squash Recipes preparation which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following squash recipes. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various supermarket. How to procedure this Squash Recipes has been provided here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Squash Recipes 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Chicken Tagine with Honeynut Squash
By: Lance Wilson via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Chicken Tagine with Honeynut Squash:
- 2 Tbsp ras el hanout (recipe in method)
- 2.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 inch knob ginger, grated
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 Bou chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup diced squash
- 1 cup pitted green olives, halved
- 2 Tbsp ghee or oil
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup parked couscous
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
Method for "Chicken Tagine with Honeynut Squash":
- If you're using a traditional tagine, begin by preheating the oven with tagine inside at 325F. If you don't have a tagine, you can do this recipe on the stove top in a Dutch oven and transfer to the oven later on.
- Combine the olive oil, ras el hanout, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Ras el hanout: 12 green cardamom pods. 4 black cardamom pods. 4 tsp cumin seeds. 4 tsp coriander seeds. 2 tsp anise seeds. 1/2 tsp allspice berries. 1/4 tsp black peppercorns. 4 tsp ground ginger. 2 tsp nutmeg. 2 tsp Aleppo pepper. 2 tsp cinnamon. Grind all in spice mill. If you want to use a premixed Moroccan spice blend that's fine too.
- Add half the spice paste to the chicken and mix.
- Add the ginger to remaining spice mix.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in 2 cups of hot water.
- Combine the onion and garlic in a bowl.
- Combine the apricot and tomato in a bowl
- Combine the olives and squash in a bowl.
- Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and brown.
- Add the remaining spice mix and cook until fragrant.
- Add the onion mixture to the tagine
- Deglaze the skillet with the tomatoes, apricots and 1/2 cup of the stock.
- Transfer the tomatoes to the tagine.
- Nestle the chicken into the tagine
- Cover with the lid and bake for 45 min.
- Add the squash and the olives and continue baking for another 30-45 min.
- Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, the zest of the lemon, the juice of the lemon, and the pistachios.
- Add the remaining 1.5 cups stock to a small pot. Bring to a boil and add the couscous. Cook on low, covered for 10 min followed by removing from heat and letting sit to steam.
- When the squash is tender, add the spinach over top and continue cooking for 10 min.
- Remove the tagine from the oven and top with the cilantro mixture.
- Serve in deep bowls with the couscous and lots of the tagine.