Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family meals, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Squash Recipes. I am try to demo Squash Recipes cuisine which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following squash recipes. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various shop. How to procedure this Squash Recipes has been provided here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Squash Recipes 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
By: StephieCanCook via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash Latkes:
- 1 small spaghetti squash (mine was about 2 lbs)
- 1 tbs olive oil - for rubbing
- 2 tbs minced onion (or 1 tsp onion powder)
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 4-6 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- For Frying
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tbs butter (optional, helps with better crisping and color)
- For Serving
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- minced chives or dill
Method for "Spaghetti Squash Latkes":
- While squash is raw cut off stem and cut a small sliver off of one side to create a flat spot for stability. Carefully cut in half lengthwise (seriously, be careful it will be hard to cut while raw).
- Scoop out seeds. Rub 1 tbs olive oil all over inside and out of both halves (yes, skin too even though you won't use it). Place cut side down on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400Â°F oven for 45 minutes, or until outside gives when poked (don't poke with your finger, though, to avoid burns lol). When done, remove squash. Flip cut side up and let cool completely.
- Scoop out and shred squash into a large bowl. Add all other ingredients, stir to combine. Start with 4 tbs flour and add more as needed. You're looking for a typical latke batter consistency. Also, if you like less salt start with 1/2 tsp. We thought they were perfectly seasoned, but tastes differ.
- Heat 3 tbs oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Carefully spoon about 1/3 cup worth of batter into the skillet for each latke (I could fit about 3 at a time in my skillet without over crowding).
- Turn heat down to medium and cook till browned on first side, about 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on second side.
- Transfer to paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with additional salt if desired.
- Serve warm garnished with sour cream or Greek yogurt and chives or dill. Enjoy!