Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Split Pea Soup
Buyzyban Recipe - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family meals, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Split Pea Ham Soup. I am try to demo Split Pea Ham Soup cuisine which is a creation from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following split pea ham soup. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various stores. How to procedure this Split Pea Ham Soup has been prepared here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Split Pea Ham Soup 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Split Pea Soup
By: SilverButterfly via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup:
- 1 lb dried split peas
- 1 meaty ham hock with bone
- 2-4 strips Bacon and bacon grease
- 1 TBS Chicken drippings or chicken bouillon
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 TBS butter
- to taste salt and pepper
- 8 cups water
Method for "Split Pea Soup":
- Sort through peas, clean them of any debris.
- Put peas and ham in large pan cover with 8 cups of water.
- Add onion
- Bring to boil
- Turn down to simmer and cover. Simmering for about 1 1/2 hours. Stirring frequently.
- Remove ham bone cut ham from bone and dice putting both both and meat back into the pot.
- Fry bacon, add grease to pot put bacon aside to crumble into soup later.
- Add carrot and celery. Simmer another 30 minutes.
- Add butter, cream and bacon crumbles. Stirring well add salt and pepper to taste. About 1 to 1 1/2 tsp each. I use less salt and let it be salted to taste by each person. Simmer another half hour stirring frequently and serve.