Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Homemade Split Pea Soup With Ham
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to find cooking creations for your family meals, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Split Pea Ham Soup. I am try to display Split Pea Ham Soup preparation which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following split pea ham soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various shop. How to procedure this Split Pea Ham Soup has been provided here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Split Pea Ham Soup 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham
By: Candis Brooks via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- 1 bag split dried peas rinsed very well (I do not soak my split peas overnight)
- 1-2 medium to large carrots cleaned and chopped into round nickel size
- 1 stalk celery cleaned and diced, I do not dice the white or the leaf stalks of the celery. I toss in the diced and the rest using them for flavour
- Option: ham (I cubed for her) I prefer no meat, although ham adds flavour
- 2 medium boxes : I do not measure : I covered the peas with Organic Low Sodium Chicken broth
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Milk about 1 to 1-1/2 cups
- Dash nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste.. I used kosher salt and fresh ground peppet
Method for "Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham":
- Using a large heavy gage pot. I used about 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- I allowed the pot get hot, poured out n rinsed split peas with diced carrots, onion, garlic, all of the celery pieces
- SautÃ© until the vegetables are almost tender. Pour in slowly both boxes of low sodium chicken broth. Stir,
- Place heat on medium high until it almost boils. Turn heat on low, allow to cook, about 20 minutes
- Option: I like mine creamy, I use unsweetened almond milk. My friend brought skim milk.
- Once the soup is almost finished I like to use an Emersion hand blender to help thicken my soup
- Option: I like a teaspoon full of A good plain green yogurt on top
- Last but not least Enjoy ð