Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Smoky Ham And Split Pea Soup
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Split Pea Ham Soup. We try to demo Split Pea Ham Soup cuisine which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following split pea ham soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various supermarket. How to procedure this Split Pea Ham Soup has been prepared here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Split Pea Ham Soup 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Smoky Ham and Split Pea Soup
By: carmen.veneziano via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Smoky Ham and Split Pea Soup:
- 2 slice thick cut smoked bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 smoked ham steaks, diced small
- 1 large Vidalia onion, finely diced
- 4 large carrots, finely diced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb dried split peas
- 8 cup ham stock (see my recipe)
- 1 can diced new potatoes
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
Method for "Smoky Ham and Split Pea Soup":
- Soak peas in enough cold water to cover by an inch overnight. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Render Bacon in a large pot over medium high heat until crispy. Remove Bacon, leaving the fat, and crumble into bits for garnishing.
- Add oil to the Bacon fat and saute Ham until it begins to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onions and carrots and Cook until vegetables are soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and Cook an additional minute.
- Add peas and Ham stock, bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer uncovered until peas are tender, 45 minutes to an hour.
- Skim off any scum that arises and add potatoes. Cook a minute or two to warm through.
- Using a wooden spoon, smash some of the peas against the side of the pot and Stir well to thicken soup.
- Check for seasoning and serve garnished with reserved Bacon bits.