Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Split Pea Soup With Ham
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new innovations can also be applied to this Split Pea Ham Soup. I am try to show Split Pea Ham Soup preparation which is a creative activity from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following split pea ham soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various shop. How to procedure this Split Pea Ham Soup has been provided here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Split Pea Ham Soup 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Split pea soup with ham
By: patuca via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Split pea soup with ham:
- 2 lb dry split peas
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 10 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 ham bone , trimming the fat the best you can
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 salt/ pepper to taste
Method for "Split pea soup with ham":
- In a big dutch oven or a heavy pot, put the ham, the split peas, water or the chicken broth, onion and garlic.
- Bring to boil and then, lower to medium heat. Remove the foam and continue to cook for 1 hour, mixing often because split peas tend to stick in the bottom.
- Add the remaining ingredients and lower the heat to simmer up to 40 more minutes, mixing often.add more liquid if you want
- At this point, the split peas must be like pureÃ¨. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with herbed or garlic croutons.ENJOY!