Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Split Pea Ham Soup
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to find cooking creations for your family meals, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new innovations also you can add to this Split Pea Ham Soup. We try to display Split Pea Ham Soup culinary art which is a creation from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following split pea ham soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various shop. How to process this Split Pea Ham Soup has been provided here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Split Pea Ham Soup 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Split Pea Ham Soup
By: Carolyn via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Split Pea Ham Soup:
- In Dutch Oven
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 clove chopped garlic
- 2 cup dried green split peas (rinsed and sorted through to insure no little rocks are going in your soup)
- 2 1/2 tsp Vegeta (seasoned vegetable salt)
- 8 cup chicken broth
- 1 dried bayleaf
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, cut into large chunks. so its easy to remove before blending soup. Slice up after cooking
Method for "Split Pea Ham Soup":
- Sautee butter, oil, celery, carrot, onion and garlic over medium heat, until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken broth, green split peas, bayleaf and vegeta
- Add smoked kielbasa
- Bring up to boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours, covered, stirring occasionally (or until peas are somewhat falling apart and tender)
- NOW I like my soup a little chunky, but some like it completely blended. I just use my immersion (stick) blender and pulse it a few times, until I reach a desired consistency. You can use a blender too, if you would like. REMOVE BAYLEAF AND MEAT BEFORE BLENDING
- Slice up kielbasa. Add back to soup. Enjoy!
- You can substitute smoked ham hock, cubed ham steak, reg sausage...whatever you choose.