Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Split Pea And Ham Soup
Buyzyban Recipe - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Split Pea Ham Soup. I am try to show Split Pea Ham Soup preparation which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following split pea ham soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various stores. How to process this Split Pea Ham Soup has been provided here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Split Pea Ham Soup 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Split Pea and Ham Soup
By: Star Gazer via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Split Pea and Ham Soup:
- 1 1/2 lb dried split peas divided
- 10 1/2 cup water divided
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes for 6 cups of water
- 2 lb ham on bone
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks including leaves, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch Cheyenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped cooked bacon *optional
Method for "Split Pea and Ham Soup":
- Sort then rinse peas. In a large pot, combine 1lb peas, 8 cups of hot water, chicken bouillon and ham, then bring to a boil over high heat. Cover the pot and reduce heat to low. Cook for 30 min stirring occasionally.
- While that's cooking chop all vegetables. After first half hour add the vegetables and seasonings for 30 more minutes or until desired tenderness is reached. In second pot add 2 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 lb of peas on medium heat for 30 min.
- Once desired tenderness is reached remove the ham and trim the meat off the bone and discard along with excess fat. Chop meat and add back to soup along with extra peas and water. Mix well and serve.