Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Split Pea Soup
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to find cooking creations for your family meals, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Split Pea Ham Soup. I am try to demo Split Pea Ham Soup cuisine which is a creation from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following split pea ham soup. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various shop. How to process this Split Pea Ham Soup has been provided here completely and is very simple to learn.
How to cook Split Pea Ham Soup 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Split Pea Soup
By: renee via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup:
- 1 leftover frozen ham bone (any size)
- 20 oz bag dry green split peas
- 12 cup water
- 14 1/2 oz can sliced carrots (drained)
- 15 oz can new potatoes (drained)
- 1 salt n pepper to taste
Method for "Split Pea Soup":
- Place water in a large pot.
- Place frozen ham bone in pot of water.
- Turn heat on high and boil covered for 2 hours.
- Remove from heat. And remove ham bone from water. Keeping water in pot.
- Let ham bone cool until its handleable.. pick all meat and bone marrow off bone and place in pot of water.
- Chop carrots and potatoes into small cubes.
- Clean peas by picking out bad peas, stones, sticks etc. Then rinse under cool water.
- Bring water back to a boil on high heat. Add peas, carrots, potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil again.
- Lower heat to medium/ medium low and simmer uncovered.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Stirring often and frequent making sure your scraping the bottom.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Give a quick stir and serve hot!
- To have a smooth creamy soup.. place soup in blender and puree until smooth.
- You can also serve this soup chilled.