Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Whole Wheat Cream Scones
Buyzyban Recipe - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to find cooking creations for your family meals, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Scone Recipe. I am try to show Scone Recipe cuisine which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following scone recipe. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various stores. How to procedure this Scone Recipe has been provided here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Scone Recipe 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Whole Wheat Cream Scones
By: Swapna via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Cream Scones:
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cup self raising flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
Method for "Whole Wheat Cream Scones":
- Sift together whole wheat flour, self-raising flour, salt and baking powder together. Add sugar and mix well.
- In a bowl take heavy cream. Add vanilla essence. Mix well. Add cream to the sifted mixture. Mix it gently with a spatula.
- Add milk to it and mix gently and just get the flour together.
- Dust the surface with some flour and take the flour mixture on it. Bring the dough gentlty together like a ball. Do not over knead the mixture. It will inhibit in rising of scone while baking and thus result in dense scones.
- Gently pat and spread the mixture to form a rectangle.
- Now fold in from edge to center from one side. We are laminating the dough. It is like we do for making puff pastry sheets or croissant. lamination of dough will help in getting good flaky layers.
- Fold similarly from the other edge to the center. Again press and spread the mixture to form a rectangle and repeat the process of folding the edges to center as above. Repeat this for one more time. Folding the edges helps into getting layered and flaky scones.
- Now after folding two - three times, pat and press gently to form a rectangle of 2 inch thickness
- With the help of cutter or small round bottle cut the scones. Rub the cutter with flour before cutting. The cutter should not be twisted while cutting. This again inhibits in rising of the scones.
- Place the scones in the baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush the top with cream or milk. or cream and milk mixture.
- Bake the scones @ 190 C for 20-22 minutes or till golden. Remove the scones and let them cool.
- Serve the scones with jam and whipped cream and tea or coffee. Slit the scone from middle and put jam and cream over it and have it.