Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Mason Jar Salad
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to find cooking creations for your family meals, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Salad Recipes. I am try to display Salad Recipes preparation which is a creative activity from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following salad recipes. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various stores. How to procedure this Salad Recipes has been prepared here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Salad Recipes 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Mason Jar Salad
By: MonaS via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Mason Jar Salad:
- For salad dressing :
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar/white vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp crushed pepper
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 cup Shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 tin chikpeas, drained
- 1 beetroot (boiled)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2-3 Lettuce leaves
- Nuts of your choice(i have added pine nuts)
- 1 glass jar with a tight lid
Method for "Mason Jar Salad":
- Boil quinoa in 1/2 cup water and pinch of salt on slow flame, covered, until water evaporate,
- Cool it to room temperature,
- Boil and cool beetroot, remove skin and make small cubes,
- Chop deseeded tomatoes, cucumber, onion in equal size. Keep them separate,
- Shred red cabbage,
- Grate carrot,
- Shred lettuce roughly with your fingers,
- Prepare honey mustard dressing by mixing all the given ingredients for dressing. Beat it well or put it in a small wide moth bottle, close the lid and shake it until everything mix together and gets thicken,
- Now take a mason jar arrange in this manner-
- Layer 1: salad dressing
- Layer 2 shredded red cabbage
- Layer 3: chickpeas
- Layer 4: grated carrot
- Layer 5: cucumber, tomato, onion over each other
- Layer 6: cubed boiled beetroot
- Layer 7: boiled quinoa
- Layer 8: lettuce and nuts.
- Close the lid. Keep it in refrigerator until nicely chilled
- Grab one when needed, carry it to work or eat it anytime of the day.
- Shake it turning upside down or empty it in a bowl and enjoy.
- Jars prepared this way can be used upto 5 days, use different dressings and add whatever you like, may be some boiled shredded chicken, some pasta or fruits and enjoy a new 'salad in a Jar' everytime!