Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Broccoli And Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Roasted Cauliflower And Garlic Soup. I am try to demo Roasted Cauliflower And Garlic Soup cuisine which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following roasted cauliflower and garlic soup. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various supermarket. How to procedure this Roasted Cauliflower And Garlic Soup has been prepared here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Roasted Cauliflower And Garlic Soup 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
By: Kat via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large carrot
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Method for "Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup":
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop up the rest of the vegetables. Carrots and celery should be chopped into smaller chunks, while broccoli and cauliflower can be in medium to large chunks.
- Prepare a pot to steam the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrot. Fill the pot with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Then place vegetables in steamer for about 7 minutes until soft.
- Melt butter in a pot at medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender (5-7 minutes).
- Turn down heat slightly (to medium-low) and gradually whisk flour into the pot with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly golden.
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth, stirring all the while. Add some salt and pepper to taste at this point. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until it thickens (about 20 minutes).
- Add the steamed vegetables and cook (still at medium-low heat) for another 10-15 minutes.
- If you want to purÃ©e the soup, let it COOL DOWN to near room temp, then put in a blender on purÃ©e mode. You may have to work in batches. If soup is still steaming a little, REMOVE the middle piece in the top of the blender cover so the steam can escape. Have a clean dish towel or paper towel to hover over the opening to minimize any mess. Combine purÃ©ed batches back into pot and warm it back up to then continue with step 8.
- Add cheese to the soup (handful at a time) and stir until melted.