Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Dates And Oats Kheer/Payasam
Buyzyban Recipe - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Rice Pudding Recipe. We try to display Rice Pudding Recipe culinary art which is a creative activity from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following rice pudding recipe. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various shop. How to procedure this Rice Pudding Recipe has been prepared here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Rice Pudding Recipe 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Dates and Oats Kheer/Payasam
By: Vanitha Bhat via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Dates and Oats Kheer/Payasam:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup jaggery
- 2 cups milk (preferably whole milk) plus some more for blending
- 5-6 dates for blending
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon ghee/clarified butter
- 10 almonds for blending
- 10 almonds for garnishing
- 4-5 additional dates for garnishing
Method for "Dates and Oats Kheer/Payasam":
- Soak whole almonds in hot water for about 15 to 20 minutes or give one boil to the water and let the almonds steep in it for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, peel the almonds. Chop about half of them (around 10).
- Deseed dates and keep about 5 for garnishing. Place the rest of the peeled almonds (about 10) and 5 to 6 pitted dates in a blender jar and make a fine paste with a little milk
- In a saucepan, roast the oats on medium high heat, stirring continuously till you get a nutty aroma; about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In the milk and the ground almonds-date paste (rinse the jar with additional milk) into the pan and bring to a boil on medium high heat. Keep stirring to avoid milk getting burnt at the bottom of the pan. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat and add the jaggery. Give it a good stir.
- Do a taste test and if needed, add more jaggery according to your taste. When the jaggery has completely melted into the kheer, add the cardamom powder, stir and remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, heat ghee and roast the chopped almonds till light golden brown. Stir into the cooked payasam.
- Serve this delightful jaggery and dates sweetened oats payasam piping hot, warm or cold with additional nuts and chopped dates sprinkled on top.
- Kheer/payasam thickens as it cools, so feel free to add more milk when needed. Enjoy!!!!
- #Jaggery. Instead of oats, you can use rice or broken wheat/bulgur instead. Rice will need more time to cook. Feel free to add any variety of nuts in this payasam. If you do not have jaggery, use brown sugar or plain sugar. For a vegan option, use coconut milk instead