Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Cheese And Bacon Quiche
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to find cooking creations for your family dish, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Quiche Recipe. I am try to show Quiche Recipe culinary art which is a creation from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following quiche recipe. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various stores. How to procedure this Quiche Recipe has been provided here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Quiche Recipe 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Cheese and Bacon Quiche
By: ChefGarino via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Cheese and Bacon Quiche:
- 2 , 9", Deep Dish Pie Crusts (seriously, buy them)
- 1/2 pound Cave Aged Gruyere, shredded fine, (buy the good stuff, its the main ingredient)
- 1/2 pound Cheddar, shredded fine, (I used Black Creek 9 Month Aged)
- 6 Rashers Bacon,diced, (again, good stuff only. Go to the meat counter)
- 1/2 a small White or Yellow Onion, diced fine
- 1 small Carrot, diced fine (I did mine too large, ended up not being a problem)
- 1 stalk Celery, diced fine
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced OR grated (either is great)
- 3 Tablespoons AP Flour
- 7 Eggs
- The following to taste: salt, pepper, cayenne, (a minuscule amount of curry), and freshly grated nutmeg
Method for "Cheese and Bacon Quiche":
- You can either pre-heat your oven to 375f now or hold off. These quiche are amazing for the freezer, but not as good as in your stomach.
- About 20 minutes before you're ready, throw your cheese in the freezer to make it easier to shred. Once chilled, using either a box grater or the attachment on your food processor, shred the cheese and toss with the flour in a large mixing bowl. (Really get it coated, its important)
- In a large skillet, add your diced bacon and a touch of water (I used a shotglass-full) and crisp the bacon over medium to medium-high heat. Once crisp, pull the bacon to a paper towel lined bowl and remove all but about 2 tablespoons of fat in the pan.
- Add the diced onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the pan with the bacon fat in it and add a small pinch of salt (When I say small, I MEAN SMALL. We want to pull out moisture, but there is already salt from the bacon. Be cognizant of your heavy handedness) Sautee until translucent and remove to a bowl.
- Crack all 7 eggs into a mixing bowl and season with salt, pepper, cayenne, curry, and nutmeg. Reserve to the side.
- Mix together the (now cooled) vegetables and bacon with the shredded cheese. Split this mixture into two, and fill the pie crusts to just short of the lip. Ensure you get an even layer as well as even distribution.
- Split the egg mixture into two, and pour (carefully) into the pie crusts. The mixture should come up to the edges of the crust. (Be careful of filling it too much, you want to be able to move these)
- Either wrap in plastic and freeze until ready (up to I'd say a week or so) or bake in a 375f oven for about 1 hour until the edges are golden brown, and the center doesn't jiggle when you shake the pan.
- PRO TIPS: 1. If your crust is cooking too fast, cover with a makeshift ring of aluminum foil. This will protect your crust while the quiche finishes cooking
- PRO TIPS: 2. I highly recommend placing your quiche on a pizza stone that you just leave in the bottom of your oven during pre-heating. It will help to cook the bottom of your crust.