Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Pumpkin Pie Recipe. We try to show Pumpkin Pie Recipe cuisine which is a creation from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following pumpkin pie recipe. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various stores. How to process this Pumpkin Pie Recipe has been prepared here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Pumpkin Pie Recipe 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie
By: Joe Fernandez via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie:
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cups *cold* unsalted butter (1 stick and 3 tablespoons)
- 5-7 Tablespoons ice water
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh, pureed pumpkin (or canned pumpkin)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated (white) sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cups evaporated milk (12 oz can)
Method for "Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie":
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Make the dough for the crust first by putting the flour into a food processor or mixing bowl. Add a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Cut the butter into 1/2 inch cubes to make it easier to mix, and add that to the mixture. Blend it with a large food processor blade (my preference) or use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour.
- Add 5 to 7 tablespoons of ice water. Use as little water as you can to get the mixture to form into dough ball. As soon as the dough starts sticking together, stop adding water and stop mixing.
- Make a ball from the dough, and put it in the refrigerator to cool for at least 10 minutes. You want the dough to be cold when you roll it out into a crust.
- Now make the filling: Combine the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices into a bowl and mix with a whisk until the color is even.
- Last, add the evaporated milk gradually, pouring about 3 oz at a time in and mixing well. Put the filling into the refrigerator.
- Get ready to roll the crust. Get your pie plate ready, get out a rolling pin, dust it with flour. Prepare your rolling surface with a dusting of flour as well. A granite or stone rolling surface is best, because it will keep the dough cool. You want to do this next part fairly quickly because you don't want the dough to warm up too much, and the longer you work the dough, the tougher the crust will be.
- Get the dough out of the fridge, put some flour on your hands and flatten the ball into a thick circle, then put it on your rolling surface.
- Roll out the dough to fit your pie plate. Flip the dough and dust with flour a few times to prevent it sticking to your rolling surface. Thickness of the rolled out crust should be about 3/8 inch thick.
- Put the rolled dough into the pie plate, push the dough gently into the bottom of the edges, and trim (or decorate) the rim of the crust.
- Move the pie crust to a counter top as close to the oven as you can. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Put the pie into the oven and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for **15 minutes**.
- After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes. When done, the filling should move only slightly (like firm Jello) when you shake it. You can also test for done-ness by sticking a knife into the center of the pie. If it comes out clean, the pie is done.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool before serving.