Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
French Onion Soup
Buyzyban Recipe - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family meals, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Homemade French Onion Soup. We try to show Homemade French Onion Soup cuisine which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following homemade french onion soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various shop. How to procedure this Homemade French Onion Soup has been provided here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Homemade French Onion Soup 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
French Onion Soup
By: Carolyn via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of French Onion Soup:
- 5 large yellow onions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
- 2 cans (48 oz) each) beef broth, or 1 of chicken and 1 of beef
- 1 tablespoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic, or 2 cloves minced
- 4-6 slices toasted plain french bread
- 4-6 slices provolone cheese
Method for "French Onion Soup":
- In a Dutch oven, or another large pot, place the butter, olive oil and onions in, set heat to low
- Continue to stir, being careful not to burn the onions, this is a low and slow recipe...patience is KEY! Once the butter is melted, you can turn the heat up a tad to a lower medium. This process takes about 1 and a half hours.
- Once onions have reached caramelization, add all other ingredients and bring up to a simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove bay leaf, Ladle into soup cups, leaving almost an inch from the top to place the toasted bread and the provolone cheese. Place under broiler to melt the cheese, until bubbly