Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
French Onion Soup With Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family meals, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Homemade French Onion Soup. We try to show Homemade French Onion Soup culinary art which is a creation from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following homemade french onion soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various stores. How to process this Homemade French Onion Soup has been provided here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Homemade French Onion Soup 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons
By: ChrisO505 via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons:
- 4 large Yellow onions, finely sliced
- 4 Red onions, finely sliced
- 1 Leek, finely sliced and washed
- 5 clove Garlic, minced
- 40 grams Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Dried bay leaf
- 1 bouquet garni of parsley, thyme and oregano
- 1 3/4 Litre, good quality chicken stock
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1 Splash of cider vinegar
- 1 Grated cheddar & Parmesan to serve
- 1 Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 French stick, sliced thickly diagonally
- 1 Grated cheddar and Parmesan
Method for "French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons":
- Slice all onions and leeks.
- Heat a large heavy base melt butter and add olive oil- high heat. Add onions and leek. You want to sweat down onions slowly for around and hour. Stir occasionally, and return lid so that it 3/4 covers pot- allowing steam to escape.
- You will have to turn temp down whilst cooking onions, you don't want to burn or over do them. Meanwhile, gather herbs and tie together with string to make bouquet garni.
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock and herbs. Bring to the boil- reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate cheddar and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup.
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!