Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Mike's French Onion Soup
Buyzyban Recipe - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Homemade French Onion Soup. I am try to demo Homemade French Onion Soup preparation which is a creation from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following homemade french onion soup. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various shop. How to process this Homemade French Onion Soup has been provided here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Homemade French Onion Soup 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Mike's French Onion Soup
By: MMOBRIEN via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Mike's French Onion Soup:
- 2 EX LG Vidalia Onions [no substitutions]
- 2 Coves Garlic [smashed & fine chopped]
- 1/3 Cup Green Onions [small chop]
- 1/2 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 LG Bay Leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Cracked Black Pepper [to taste]
- 32 oz Box Beef Broth [low sodium]
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine [chardonnay]
- 1 LG Baguette Bread
- Garlic Butter [as needed - for bread]
- 1 GruyÃ¨re Cheese [4 slices or 1 brick - you can substitute Swiss if in a pinch]
- 1 1/2 tbsp AP Flour
- Fresh Parsley [for garnish]
- 1/2-3/4 Packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 LG Oven Safe Ramikins
Method for "Mike's French Onion Soup":
- Add butter to a large pot. Slice onions thin and place in pot. Also, add your green onions, garlic, thyme, black pepper and bay leaf. Simmer onions for 25+ minutes until onions are limp and translucent. Stir regularly.
- Add white wine and simmer 5 minutes longer to burn off alcohol. Pull bay leaf.
- Dust onion mixture with your flour and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes to cook out any flavor of flour. Stir constantly. Add minimal amounts of butter to pot if your flour begins to seize up and is too difficult to stir. Or, if you feel it's in danger of burning.
- Add your broth and 1/2 to 3/4 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. I use 2/3's packet for the additional sodium & onion flavors. It really does balance the sweetness of the Vidalia Onions quite well. Simmer 10 minutes longer. Stir occasionally.
- Here's your desired outcome.
- Slice your Baguette Bread into 4 pieces. Cut more if you'd like to serve additional slices for dipping. Coat slices with garlic butter. Place in a 350Â° preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes - or, until baguettes are browned and crispy.
- Ladle your hot soup into your Ramikins. Place Ramikins on a lifted edge cookie sheet. These can easily overflow. In fact, it's desired that they do! Just not today in my new oven.
- Place 2 toasted garlic Crustinis in each of your your Ramikins.
- Slice your GruyÃ¨re Cheese and place on top of your toasted Crustinis.
- Turn on your ovens broiler.
- Place Ramikins in oven for 5 minutes. Or, until your cheese is fully melted and browned.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Allow dish to sit for 3 minutes. Then serve. Enjoy!