Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
French Onion Soup With Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new innovations also you can add to this Homemade French Onion Soup. I am try to show Homemade French Onion Soup cuisine which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following homemade french onion soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various shop. How to procedure this Homemade French Onion Soup has been prepared here completely and is very simple to learn.
How to cook Homemade French Onion Soup 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons
By: robbieeq via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- 4 yellow onions, finely sliced
- 4 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 leek, finely sliced and washed
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 litres good quality unsalted beef stock
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella & parmesan to serve
- 2 tablespoons salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 French stick, sliced thickly diagonally
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar and Parmesan
Method for "French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons":
- Slice all onions and leeks.
- Heat a large heavy base on high heat and melt the butter and add olive oil. Add onions and leek. Turn the heat down and sweat down onions slowly for around half an hour. Stir occasionally, and keep the lid so that it 3/4 covers pot, allowing steam to escape.
- Once the onions are done, add garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock. Bring to the boil - reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate mozzarella and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup.
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!