Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Vidalia French Onion Soup
Buyzyban Recipe - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Homemade French Onion Soup. I am try to show Homemade French Onion Soup culinary art which is a creative activity from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following homemade french onion soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various supermarket. How to process this Homemade French Onion Soup has been provided here completely and is very leisurely to learn.
How to cook Homemade French Onion Soup 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Vidalia French Onion Soup
By: Chef Craig TCW via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- 1 1/2 pounds Vidalia onion -- sliced paper thin
- 2 ounces butter
- 50 ounces Beef stock- *(note be careful some store brands are very high in salt and as you cook it down it may get salty)
- 4 ounces dry sherry wine (*optional see note at bottom)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 slices toasted French bread slices or any bread you like:)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper -- to taste at the end of the cooking process
Method for "Vidalia French Onion Soup":
- For french bread, slice 4 pieces a 1/2 inch thick brush with olive oil and place on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and delicious.
- In a 3 qt sauce pot/pan,Saute the onions in the butter over low to moderate heat. Carefully caramelize the onions thoroughly without burning.
- Deglaze the pan with 6 ounces (250 milliliters) of the beef stock. Cook until all the stock has gone and the browning continues.
- Repeat this process until the onions are a very dark, evenly brown.about three times. (* optional sherry wine add now)
- Add the remaining beef stock and thyme and sugar
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes to develop flavor. Adjust the seasonings.
- Serve in oven proof bowls. Fill the bowl 85% of the way. Top each portion with a slice of toasted French bread and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- We are a high school so Sherry Wine is frowned upon:( This recipe comes out great without sherry. That being said adding 4 ounces of dry sherry just before you add the remaining stock does add some extra flavor