Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
'V' Scottish Dundee Cake
Buyzyban Recipe - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to find cooking creations for your family dish, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new innovations can also be applied to this Dundee Cake. I am try to demo Dundee Cake culinary art which is a creation from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following dundee cake. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various supermarket. How to procedure this Dundee Cake has been provided here completely and is very simple to learn.
How to cook Dundee Cake 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
'V' Scottish Dundee Cake
By: vampira via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of 'V' Scottish Dundee Cake:
- 180 grams golden raisins (sultanas)
- 125 grams finely chopped figs
- 180 grams currants
- 1 grated zest of one lemon
- 3 tbsp whiskey
- 8 candied cherries quartered
- 50 grams candied lemon peel, finely chopped
- 50 grams candied orange peel finely chopped
- 250 grams all purpose(plain)flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 180 grams butter
- cup/125g sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 large eggs
- 75 ml milk
- 1 Blanched almonds, for decorating
- 1 confectioners'(icing sugar) for dusting
- 1 marzipan (optional) for covering
Method for "'V' Scottish Dundee Cake":
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f gas mark 4 grease and line a 10 inch /26cm spring-release cake pan (tin)
- Mix the raisins (sultanas) figs and currants with the lemon zest, whiskey and candied fruits in a large bowl and leave to stand
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder together, cream the butter with the sugar and honey until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and then beat in the flour, milk and soaked dried fruit. turn the batter into a prepared cake pan and smooth the top.Decorate the top of the cake with whole almonds
- Bake in oven for 30 mins, then reduce the oven temperature to 150c/300f gas mark 2 and bake for a further 90 mins. cover the top with baking parchment if it browns to quickly. cool in the pan for 15 mins then take out and leave to cool completely.
- Before serving, dust with confectioners (icing) sugar and cover the sides of the cake with marzipan if wished
- Serves about 12