Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings
Buyzyban Recipe - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to find cooking creations for your family dish, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Dumpling Recipe. I am try to display Dumpling Recipe preparation which is a creative activity from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following dumpling recipe. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various stores. How to process this Dumpling Recipe has been provided here completely and is very simple to learn.
How to cook Dumpling Recipe 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
By: Christina via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings:
- Soup :
- 1 lb. russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. each garlic powder, dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. each salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, nutmeg
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Dumplings :
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
Method for "Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings":
- Grease the slow cooker (6 quart size) well. Place the potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and garlic into the slow cooker. Lay the chicken on top of the veggies and then sprinkle on the seasonings.
- Pour in the broth, then place the lid on and set the timer to low for 7-8 hours OR to high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients for the dumplings...the 1 cup all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and parsley. Then stir in the egg and buttermilk until just combined...do not overmix or the dumplings will be tough. Set this batter aside.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board, shred it and stir it back into the slow cooker. Make sure the heat is switched to high temperature for the next steps. Whisk together the 1/4 cup all purpose flour and cream until smooth, then whisk it into the slow cooker. If using the peas, then stir them in now.
- Drop the dumpling batter by small spoonfuls over the top of the slow cooker contents until it's all used up. Keep in mind that the dumplings will expand as they cook. Place the lid back on and cook on high heat for an additional 35 minutes - 1 hour.
- Once it's ready, the soup should have thickened and a toothpick inserted into the dumplings should come out clean. Once it's ready, serve immediately. Store any leftovers in the fridge.