Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Yankee Pot Roast
Buyzyban Recipe - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. Other than that for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family meals, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Dinner Recipes. We try to display Dinner Recipes cuisine which is a creative activity from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following dinner recipes. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various supermarket. How to process this Dinner Recipes has been provided here completely and is very simple to learn.
How to cook Dinner Recipes 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Yankee Pot Roast
By: rikminptc via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Yankee Pot Roast:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 chuck roast (2-3 lbs.)
- Dash salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges (8 pieces)
- 1 lb. medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. clove (grated or powdered)
- 1/2 tsp. allspice (ground or powdered)
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz. large mushrooms, halved or quartered
Method for "Yankee Pot Roast":
- Preheat oven 325Ë.
- Heat a large pot or heavy skillet over medium-high heat with cooking oil. Season the roast with the dried herbs and then sear the meat in the hot oiled pan for 5 minutes per side
- Place the meat in a heavy Dutch-oven pot and add the broth, wine, and the bay leaf. Add all the onions and a small sampling of carrots and celery. [The main vegetables will be added in later]
- Cover the pot and place in a heated oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven and drain off about 2 cups of the pot juices into a small / medium sized pot. Add the tomato paste to the juices, stir occasionally, and heat until a slight boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. [The gravy will begin to thicken a bit] Season with salt and pepper, including some clove and ground allspice. Add the Marsala wine to taste.
- Discard the cooked carrots and celery from the large pot and add in new ones along with the bell pepper and mushrooms and the ânewâ gravy.
- Carefully flip the roast over and place the pot back in the oven, uncovered, and continue to cook for another 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- The pot roast is done when the vegetables (carrots & celery) are soft to the bite. Serve with mashed potatoes or wide flat noodles.