Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Jonathan Apple And Spicy Banana Chutney
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family meals, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Cranberry Chutney. We try to demo Cranberry Chutney cuisine which is a creation from an international cook for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following cranberry chutney. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various shop. How to process this Cranberry Chutney has been provided here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Cranberry Chutney 2018Below is a very helpful recipe for you :
Jonathan Apple and Spicy Banana Chutney
By: cookpad.japan via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Jonathan Apple and Spicy Banana Chutney:
- 4 Jonathan Apples
- 1 Banana
- 1 large Onion
- 1 Lemon
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 small piece Ginger
- 2 Fresh red chili peppers (or dried red chili peppers)
- 5 Dried prunes
- 30 grams Dried cranberries
- 300 grams Granulated sugar
- 250 ml White wine vinegar (or grain vinegar)
- 10 cm Cinnamon stick (or powder - 1/3 teaspoon)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 stick Thyme
- 1 bunch Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coarsely ground black pepper
Method for "Jonathan Apple and Spicy Banana Chutney":
- These are the ingredients.
- Remove the core from the apples, and slice into bite-sized pieces. Put them in a cast iron pot, coat with the sugar, and leave for about 1 hour.
- Thinly slice the onion. Roughly chop the garlic, ginger, red chill peppers and prunes. Cut the lemon into quarter rounds, then thinly slice them. Cut the banana into bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle 100 ml of the vinegar over the apples, and turn on the heat. When it comes to a boil, turn down the heat to very low, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ingredients from Step 3, cinnamon, cranberries, black pepper, and rest of the vinegar. Simmer for about 40 minutes over very low heat, stirring from time to time.
- When the liquid in the pot has reduced like this photo, add the salt, turmeric, and chopped mint. Mix, simmer for another 5 minutes, and it's done.
- Transfer to clean sterilized jars, and seal with the lids. Place the jars upside down until the chutney has cooled down to sterilize the air inside. I normally keep them at room temperature in our house.
- Served with curry. The chutney's sweet and sour taste goes so well with the curry!
- Served with camembert cheese. The chutney shown in this photo is 2 years old!