Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Butternut Squash Soup
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we provide here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family dish, maybe this recipe is right for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas can also be applied to this Butternut Squash Soup. I am try to demo Butternut Squash Soup culinary art which is a creation from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by imitating how to cook the following butternut squash soup. Here they use ingredients that are leisurely to come by and even available in various stores. How to process this Butternut Squash Soup has been prepared here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Butternut Squash Soup 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Butternut Squash Soup
By: Ali Krupp via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup:
- 1 Butternut squash
- 6 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 Bulb of garlic (if you really like garlic use the whole bulb)
- 1 Celery
- 1 Carrot
- 1 bunch Thyme (3 sprigs tied in a bundle)
- 1 Rosemary (1 sprig)
- 1/2 tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 cup Water
Method for "Butternut Squash Soup":
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut butternut squash length-wise so it's cut evenly in half.
- Remove seeds using a spoon or your fingers.
- Poke holes in meat side of squash.
- Salt and pepper the meat side liberally.
- Drizzle half the olive oil over the squash
- Place squash on a tray and roast meat side up for 1 hour.
- While the squash is in oven, preheat a large pot to medium-high heat.
- Add remaining olive oil to pot
- Julienne onion. Size doesn't matter. Add to the pot and stir.
- Cut celery and carrot. Again size doesn't matter.
- Add salt and pepper and the bundle of tied up thyme.
- Chop rosemary. Again size doesn't matter. But the smaller the better. And add to pot
- Grate the nutmeg into a small dish and add to vegetables.
- SautÃ© the vegetables (mirepoix) for roughly 5 minutes until some color develops.
- Add water and let simmer on med heat for about 45 min or so.
- When the squash is done roasting let it rest for 10-15 min. By then the stock should be about ready. Turn it off.
- The skin of the squash should peel off easily. Skin it and add to a blender. You might need to do half the squash depending on the size of the blender. If you only do half the squash only add half the stock with all the vegetables (take the thyme binder out before blending)
- BE CAREFUL WHEN BLENDING!!! Blending hot ingredients may cause the soup to splatter out of the blender!!! Blend on slowest speed first then increase. Blend all the ingredients. Depending on how thick you like it you might need to add more water. Same goes for salt and pepper. Try the soup before serving. It doesn't need any cream to make it creamy. It's hearty and creamy without any dairy.
- On a last note I don't like to waste anything. Meaning those seeds that came from the squash are quite yummy. You can use them in the soup. Roast them at 300Â°F until they get a little color or you can start to smell them while roasting.