Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
Search results for ""
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Buyzyban.info - The recipes we show here are the most popular foods in 2018. And for those of you who are confused to looking for food ideas for your family meals, maybe this recipe is suitable for you. Creative cuisine and new ideas also you can add to this Broccoli Cheddar Soup. We try to display Broccoli Cheddar Soup culinary art which is a creation from an international chef for you. For that, you can try it yourself by pattern how to cook the following broccoli cheddar soup. Here they use ingredients that are easy to come by and even available in various stores. How to procedure this Broccoli Cheddar Soup has been provided here completely and is very easy to learn.
How to cook Broccoli Cheddar Soup 2018The following is a very helpful recipe for you :
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
By: MommaRiss via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic,minced
- 2 carrots, diced to the size of your liking
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups half and half
- 3-4 cups chicken stock*
- 6-7 heads broccoli crowns
- 3-4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
Method for "Broccoli Cheddar Soup":
- Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan.
- SautÃ© onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic.
- Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes.
- Add half and half.
- Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups.
- Add bay leaf.
- This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference.
- Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes.
- At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters.
- I threw about 1/2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks...for texture. Completely up to you..
- I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup.
- Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. ð
- Ladle up and enjoy!! I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!